It’s 17 days till Christmas! What??!! I love Christmas time! I’m here for the lights, shopping, parties, food, family time, and baking! Soaking in all the family memories. It go’s by in a flash!!!
This recipe is a copycat to Disneyland’s mickey gingerbread cookie! It’s soft and chewy. Perfect ginger and molasses flavor! And gives and the Christmas feels! My kitchen smells so good!
There’s a few important steps highlighted in the image below. This was through a lot of trial and error so follow instructions to get them not to spread or stick to your roller. Cookie cutters 5 inch cooked at 8-9 mins so smaller cutters will need less time.
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature (not melted)
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoon milk (almond milk or soy is fine too)
Have an egg allergy this is a great option since the recipe calls for no eggs.
- With mixer, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt on low speed. Stop mixer and add butter. I cut into pieces instead throwing it all in. Mix at medium low for 1-2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add molasses and milk; mix until dough is evenly moistened about 30 seconds. Increase speed for additional 10 seconds.
- Scrape dough from bowl onto parchment paper and wrap it with Saran Wrap. I also place this in a ziplock bag once it’s wrapped. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to over night. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STEP! This dough is best is chilled. It will spread if they are not chilled. And much easier to work with too.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Rough dough onto parchment. I do this in sections at a time. Cut dough with cookie cutters and add to sheet about a inch apart.
- Bake cookies 8-9 minutes. Important not to over bake these to get soft and chewy cookies. Cool cookies on lan for 2 mins.
- Store in a airtight container or ziplock and ENJOY!
Some tips: If your dough sticks it’s ok add a tiny bit of flour to your rolling pin. All you need is a little bit. Also keep working with it.
Here is photo of the recipe!! (Screenshot or print) Tag me in your cookie photos! I’d love to see your family cookie creations!! Tag at @spoonfulofsugarbaker on Instagram!
Christmas can become stressful! So enjoy the moment! It’s much more than gifts! Making memories, spreading love, and kindness is far more obtainable and appreciated! Thank you for following along! Be sure to enter in my Coolie kit giveaway!
Begins today December 8th thru December 12th best of luck to everyone who enters!